The Nesting Magpie

Monday 16 April 2012

'The Delicious Miss Dahl''s delicious kitchen.

I first discovered the BBC six-part cookery series 'The Delicious Miss Dahl' channel-hopping late one night. And my, oh my, it was love at first sight. The kitchen... 


2010_04_26-Dahl1.png
(via the Kitchn)
(via Sanctuary)
(via Sanctuary)
[Miss-Dahl-85[3].jpg]
(via POPARTPISTOL)
[Miss-Dahl-34[3].jpg]
(via POPARTPISTOL)
[Miss-Dahl-69[3].jpg]
(via POPARTPISTOL)

Perfectly shabby chic, grandma's cottage-y, it serves as the perfect backdrop to English rose Sophie Dahl's romantic, nostaglic approach to cookery. Each recipe is prefaced by the most charming little anecdote recalling her childhood (which is all the more interesting when you remember that the grandfather she speaks so fondly of is children's author Roald Dahl). Granted, I am a cookery show obsessive, but this one really stood out. Even for non-chefs, the show was beautifully filmed, and had a lovely, rainy day soundtrack. A curious new little ritual of staying up until 3am on a Wednesday to drool over a yellow KitchenAid oddly began...

2010_04_26-spohie2.jpg
(via the Kitchn)
-----
(via Cotton-Hearted)
(via the epitome of quiet)
(via the epitome of quiet)
[Miss-Dahl-50[3].jpg]
(via POPARTPISTOL)
[Miss-Dahl-29[3].jpg]
(via POPARTPISTOL)

Listening to Dahl speak is like reading a poem filled with whim and delight. It's lovely. You can watch the whole series on YouTube; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA3w1rwefDM

Sophie Dahl
(via Mail Online)
(via HOME)
{This is what the kitchen looked like before Dahl invaded with her wild flowers and vintage wares.}

Finding out the kitchen used for the series was not actually her's was a little like finding out there was no such thing as the tooth fairy. Just a little bit heart-breaking. The house is actually owned by a London-based photographer and is available to rent for photo shoots. I've seen it a lot recently in interior design magazines and store catalogs. Not gonna lie; I kind of want to rent it out myself for a shoot just so that I can frame the pictures and pretend I live there. *sigh*

I ate more cake, read tragic French novels and hated the fields and stupid fences I was surrounded by. I longed for London, a minor Parisian appetite, lithe limbs, complication and Chantal Thomass knickers. Mercifully, the knowledge of how to aquire such things remained totally out of my reach.
Sophie Dahl 
--It seems Miss Dahl and I have shared the same feeling of misery that being landlocked brings.


No comments:

Post a Comment